You can access a more in-depth resume on my LinkedIn page which contains additional information, recommendations, and affiliations.
Seeking a position that will appreciate my unique talents and my cross-functional brain with both left & right joined in a marriage of analytical skills, ingenuity & creativity. Trust me to take whatever you need to throw my way, and it will become my job to get it done right.
DFW American Marketing Association, Advertising Studio & Production Managers, Dallas Ad League, AIGA, NAPP, PIA, and PPA.
SOFTWARE & SKILLS
- Adobe Creative Suite 6
- InDesign & QuarkXPress
- MS Office
- MAC OSX
- AtTask for Project Management
- PeopleSoft finance software
- Windows 2000, ME, NT, XP, 8
- MAC & Windows Experience
- Digital Asset Management
- Online Templates
- Large Format Printing
- Banners & Trade Show Artwork
- Highly organized and self-managing
- Leader & Motivator
- Successful Manager
- Skilled at encouraging growth
- Pre-Flight, Pre-Press and Press Checks
- Color Proofing
- Product and print buying
- Project Management
- Bidding & Estimating
- Budget creation/management
BA in Emerging Media and Communications
University of Texas at Dallas
Magna Cum Laude
Sept. ‘07 – Feb. ‘14 Studio & Editorial Director, RAPP – Dallas, TX
- Managed a team of 16 Mechanical/Production Artists and Editors, including freelance staff during high volume periods. Building print and digital files for excellent execution & reproduction in-market.
- Responsible for separate P&L, implementing a system of profitability during downtime creating positive earnings.
- Produced pitch theatre for new business, built a central hub for all pitch work throughout company network.
- Managed setup and onboarding for global clients including process documentation and QC process involving internal/external client training and managing global compliance.
- Building and QC of catalogs, packaging, brochures, direct mail, static online banners, email templates, digital OOH & billboards, and more.
- Managed multi-million dollar budgets for Fortune 100 companies such as Bank of America, Best Buy, HP, Humana, Intel, Merck, Pfizer and more.
- Maintained online Digital Asset Management software, meta-data tagging, and QC of master art files.
- Maintained all Studio servers, file structure and process documentation.
- Studio lead for all N. America, handled setup, organization and training of LA and NY offices.
- QC of Mechanical Files ensuring flawless execution.
- Estimated and managed budgets for all Studio work and materials; provide weekly reporting and budget status.
- Department lead for staffing and SOW planning.
- Extensive RFI, RFQ and RFP writing experience.
Dec. ‘01 – Sept. ‘07 Print Production Manager, Thomas Nelson Live Events — Dallas, TX
- Reduced outside vendor cost by over $1 Million within first year — over 70% of previous annual budgets.
- Managed the production and scheduling of all creative design, print, video, event marketing and product design and purchasing.
- Built internal digital asset management system for company access and internal archival infrastructure.
- Packaging design and production.
- Event show banner design and production.
- Handled all mechanical file building, pre-flight/pre-press work, design changes, print buying and budget management, including RFI, RFP and RFQ.
- Responsible for all software and hardware recommendations and maintaining all Mac systems within the marketing department.
- Managed all freelance staff and external design agencies maintaining visual standards and brand uniformity across all print and product pieces.
Oct. ‘98 – Oct. ‘01 Senior Designer, KMA the Agency — Dallas, TX
- Responsible for conceptual design and layout of domestic and international direct mail programs.
- Preparing all files for press and building mechanicals for release.
- Art directed monthly & quarterly direct mail programs and publications.
Dec. ‘93 – Oct. ‘98 Graphic Designer, Aquent — Dallas, TX
- Created, designed and typeset all mediums of print materials.
- Responsible for print buying, mechanical file building, pre-flight/pre-press work, press checks, trouble shooting and hardware & software problem solving.
- Direct mail, catalogs, print ads, product design, employee training, and governmental work requiring high level security clearance.
Excellent references available upon request.